Saturday, April 17, 2010

Conflict

Am I the big-city girl in search of doing what I love - music, art, literature, film, theatre, with flashing-lights New York as my stage? Or am I the girl that thrives in a small-knit community at a place dedicated to self-discovery? And are the two really mutually exclusive?

There are two people whose opinion I really value when it comes to determining my character, because they've figured out who I am. The problem at hand is, they've figured me out into two different people. And I'm not sure which one I am.

'At the end, Mehak, the decision is yours to take.'

Why can't someone decide for me? Why can't I discover who I am in a big school? Is there a rule that says re-evaluation of priorities and perspectives only comes in a small school setup? So many questions. Am I the only one with answers? Why is my writing so disjointed?

When we feel frustrated, why do we wear dark, warm clothes in the middle of summer? Do we really need to sweat out the exasperation, the irritation, that badly? I'm feeling like listening to John Mayer but looking like Motorhead.

0 comments: